Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) is conducted by IIT Bombay under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee every year to offer admission to eligible candidates in Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes offered at colleges accepting UCEED scores.
IIT is an institution of national importance established through Acts of Parliament for fostering excellence in education. To apply for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay, a candidate is required to qualify in UCEED and satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications.
1. Computer based examination
2. Conducted in the month of January
3. Students can appear for the exam only twice in lifetime
4. Minimum age 17 Years.
5. Students can be Indian or Overseas with minimum 12th
6. Application for UCEED IIT will begin from October
7. Candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to all the three institutes.
8. Candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay and IIITDM Jabalpur.
1.There will be ONE question paper for 3 hours duration in English.
2.The question paper will be administered through a computer based test.
3.The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
4.The question paper will consist of 3 sections.
SECTION A: Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions: For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks. There is NO NEGATIVE marks for this section. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
SECTION B: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ): Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices. The candidate gets 4 marks only if ALL the correct choices and NO wrong choices are selected. There is NO NEGATIVE or PARTIAL marks for this section. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
SECTION C: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer. There is NEGATIVE marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –1 (minus one) mark. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
Syllabus:The exam will have questions from the following six topics:
1. VISUALIZATION AND SPATIAL ABILITYPictorial and diagrammatic questions to test: understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships; knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
2. OBSERVATION AND DESIGN SENSITIVITYAbility to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
3. ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL AWARENESSGeneral awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
4. ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONINGAbility to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
5. LANGUAGE AND CREATIVITYAbility to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions, etc. & vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
6. DESIGN THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVINGAbility to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
UCEED-IIT exam will be conducted in the month of May; the exam pattern is given below. One thing which a candidate should do is take the print of admit card, only then he/she will be entertained for exam.
1.Paper would be CBT (Computer Based Test)
2.It will be for 3 hours, the question paper would be divided 3 sections
3.Paper would be for 3 hours and 300 marks
4.Medium of instruction would be English
|QUESTION PAPER (SECTIONS)||MARKS||RIGHT ANSWER|
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||100||3|
|Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||100||3|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||100||3|
Max radiance offers you merit based scholarship for our classroom programs. Scholarship ranges from 10% to 50 % fee waiver, based on the eligibility of the student.
Scholarships are awarded as follows:
1. Admission cum scholarship test
2. Class x or xii marks
1. Sc / st category
2. Ex radiance student or siblings