CEED or the Common Entrance Exam for Design is conducted at a national level. IIT Bombay on behalf of the Ministry if Human Resources department conducts the CEED Exam. The purpose behind the CEED exam is to assess the aptitude and designing skills of the candidates. It tests the applicants overall Design Aptitude, Visual Perception Ability, Communication Skills and Drawing Skills.
1. Visual perception ability
2. Drawing skills
3. Logical reasoning
5. Communication skills
Phase 1: CEED (Common Entrance Exam in Design) – written exam in November
Phase 2: Written Application to IITs/IISCs – in March
Phase 3: Written Test, Interview and Studio Test at IIT/IISC – in April.
Candidates must have passed a degree / diploma / post graduate degree programme of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination osuch a program by July 2018, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme(10+5 level) by July 2017. Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to checkwhether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes. There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Besides, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
1. Industrial Design
2. Visual Communication Design
3. Animation Design
4. Interactive Design
5. Mobility & Transportation Design
CEED 2018 will be in two parts. Part A will have questions related to these topics:
1. Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
2. Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
3. Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
4. Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
5. Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
6. Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Part B of CEED 2018 will have questions related to these topics:
1. Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
2. Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
3. Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
4. Analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate 12 use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc.
Max Radiance academy of design is a national level test preparation coaching institute which provides coaching of CEED for design entrance examinations which are held nationwide.
Max radiance offers you merit based scholarship for our classroom programs. Scholarship ranges from 10% to 50 % fee waiver, based on the eligibility of the student.
Scholarships are awarded as follows:
1. Admission cum scholarship test
2. Class x or xii marks
1. Sc / st category
2. Ex radiance student or siblings