Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an all India common engineering entrance examination which is conducted for admission in various engineering colleges and courses all over India.
JEE Main has two papers:
Paper 1: for all Undergraduate Engineering Programs
Paper 2: for Architecture and Planning programs.
For pursuing B. Arch. in IIT Kharagpur or IIT Roorkee, one must clear the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). The contenders who have secured a rank in JEE (Advanced) are eligible to sit for AAT. The test will be held only at the seven zonal IITs. To study B. Arch course in these two institutions, one has to clear Paper 1(B. Arch. / B. Planning.) of JEE Main, JEE Advanced and AAT.
For admissions to institutions other than the IITs, JEE Main Paper 2(B. Arch. / B. Planning) scores are taken into account. Paper 2 can be attempted by pen and paper only.
|SUBJECT||NO. OF QUESTIONS|
1. Mathematics : Sets, Relations and Functions ,Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical Induction, Sequences and Series , Permutations and Combinations, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability,, Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Statistics, and Mathematical Reasoning.
2. Aptitude Test : Awareness of places, persons, buildings and materials, Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment, Visualising 3D objects from 2D drawings, Visualising different sides of 3D objects, Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), Analytical Reasoning, Three dimensional – perception and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, contrast and harmony.
3. Drawing Test : Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, Elevations and 3 D views of objects Rotation, Development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms, Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces monuments, etc.), landscape (gardens, trees, river fronts, jungles, plants etc.) and rural life.
Only for the contenders who have secured a rank in JEE (Advanced) and wish to pursue B.Arch at IIT Roorkee or IIT Kharagpur have to appear for AAT
1.Freehand drawing: Simple drawing showing the entire object in its right proportion and form, relative location, surface texture, and details of its components in suitable scale, Ordinary domestic or everyday life utilizable objects like equipment, furniture, etc.
2.Geometrical drawing : Activities in geometrical drawing containing lines, triangles, angles, quadrilaterals, circles , polygons, Study of plan (aerial view), elevation (side or front views) of simple solid objects like cones, prisms, splayed surface holders, cylinders, cubes, etc.
3.Three-dimensional perception: Perception and appreciation of 3D forms with building elements, volume colour, and orientation, Visualization through constituting objects in memory.
4.Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity: 4.Composition activity with given elements, Context mapping, Creativity test through uncommon innovative check with recognizable objects, Logic of colour grouping.
5.Architectural awareness: General awareness and interest of famous architectural creations – within the country and outside, places and celebrities (architects, designers etc.)
6.Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity: Composition activity with given elements, Context mapping, Creativity test through uncommon innovative check with recognizable objects, Logic of colour grouping.
7.Architectural awareness: General awareness and interest of famous architectural creations – within the country and outside, places and celebrities (architects, designers etc.)
JEE Main B.Arch Exam will offer admission through JoSAA based on JEE Main Paper 2 All India Rank. There are very few colleges that offer admission into B.Arch Courses on the basis of the JEE Main Paper 2 and for majority of the Architecture colleges the admission is based on the score obtained in NATA which is a compulsory exam to seek admission to the B.Arch/B. Planning course.
JEE Main B.Arch Paper 2 Participating Institutes and Seats
3.State Architecture Colleges of JEE Main Participating States
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NITs) offer admission to the B.Arch/B. Planning course on the basis of JEE Main Paper 2 followed by CSAB Counselling. The below mentioned 9 NITs, 5 other Central Goverment/State Goverment Funded Technical Institutes and 1 other Institute offer admission on the basis of JEE Main paper 2. In all NITs 50% seats are reserved for the domicile students of the state. B.Arch at IITs-Indian Institute of Technology offers admission on the basis of Architecture Aptitude Test.
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NIT)|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal|
|National Institute of Technology, Calicut|
|National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur|
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur|
|Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|National Institute of Technology Patna|
|National Institute of Technology Raipur|
|National Institute of Technology, Rourkela|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|BIT Mesra, Ranchi|
|School of Planning & Architecture, Bhopal|
|School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi|
|Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir|
|School of Planning & Architecture, Vijaywada|
|Mizoram University Aizawl|
|Other Institutes-Admission on the basis of JEE Main Paper 2 score|
|Chandigarh college of Architectue through JAC Chandigarh Counselling|
|Faculty of Architecture, JamiaMillia University|
Max radiance offers you merit based scholarship for our classroom programs. Scholarship ranges from 10% to 50 % fee waiver, based on the eligibility of the student.
Scholarships are awarded as follows:
1. Admission cum scholarship test
2. Class x or xii marks
Special scholarship offers:
1. Sc / st category
2. Ex radiance student or siblings